Socket Science assembled the latest edition of the Yap Xap podcast out of Berlin. Contains a few melancholic tunes, a bit of acid, and later on some heavier beats. And you might also want to look out for the unreleased material from SS himself as well as from our own Giuseppe, who is now based in Rotterdam. Listen, comment and then check out the other YX mixes, they’re all all good.
Socket Science – The Secret of Creation Mix
- Mauro Norti – You And Me (Max Cooper Remix) (Wide Angle)
- Avatism – We Were (Vakant)
- Lake People – Candle (URSL)
- Silicone Soul – Burning Sands (Hypnohouse Dub) (Soma)
- Dominik Eulberg – Mikroorgasmen Im Morgentau (Traum)
- Voices From The Lake feat. Donato Dozzy & Neel – Twins In Virgo (Reprise) (Prologue)
- Voices From The Lake feat. Donato Dozzy & Neel – Mika (Prologue)
- Giuseppe – Kalla Fötter (unreleased)
- Magda – One Way (Items & Things)
- Socket Science – Medicine Man (Veryverywrongindeed)
- Chris Mitchell – Phrenetic (Vanguard Sound!)
- Dntel – My Orphaned Son (Die Vögel Remix) (Pampa)
- 0010X0010 – Cocoon (Generation Acid)
- Sascha Rydell – Mauvais Sang (Fachwerk)
- Tripeo – Untitled #2 (Tripeo)
- Der Dritte Raum – Trommelmaschine (Toby Dreher Reconstruction Remix) (Der Dritte Raum)
- Socket Science – Edo (unreleased)
Although there’s something sad about that this blog, for the time being, is only used to announce our old artists’ releases on other labels, you can’t deny that its good news that new great music is put out for your listening pleasure. This week it’s time for Astor Bells co-founder and second ever artist Socket Science to put out an EP handled and promoted elsewhere. This elsewhere being not just any random music publisher, but rather the infamous Very Very Wrong Indeed, home to heroes like Max Cooper and Deepgroove.
For those of you hooked up with Spotify you can go listen directly, the rest of you can go to Beatport or whatever your preferred online shop is, or have a listen at YouTube:
But also this: Rumors has it that another batch of new Socket Science tracks have just been sent to mastering for use on an upcoming Astor Bell release! Now how about that? Keep an eye on over here, we’re not dead yet!
And just in case you missed it, Wunderblock have new music out as well. We feel like successful investment bankers when our protégés move on to bigger things! No we don’t, but we’re happy that there’s so much great music out there. For more info on Moscow’s finest, check out their blog. As for now it’s just two long texts about their etymological history, i.e. Freud’s theories, and a broken sound link, but I’m sure they’ll update soon.
For working music streams of their new Eskimos EP go to Soundcloud.
Since we currently don’t have the resources to release any new music here at Astor Bell, we’re extra happy to see our artists find other labels to put out their music through! Audioteka has followed up the debut Just So Simple with a the new EP The Space of Emptiness, out now on Sanex Music.
It’s more of the same, i.e. immensely beautiful minimal techno mixing urban sounds and Siberian soundscapes. Slightly more uptempo, slightly more professional, slightly more expensive (but obviously worth every penny).
Samples of this beauty can be heard over at Beatport.
It’s been too long since we posted something from our in-house vinyl master Mattias Edholm. Here’s an attempt to fix that – a brand new mix straight outta Hornstull. Dark, weird and wonderful as always!
Mattias Edholm – L7 mix November 2011
1. Sandwell District – Falling in the Same Way (Reality Or Nothing Extended) [Sandwell District]
2. Resoe – Minus and Plus (Sigha remix) [Echocord]
3. Butane – Suffering Man [Catenaccio]
4. Pattern Repeat – 004 A2 [Pattern Repeat]
5. Tommy Four Seven – CH4 (Speedy J Remix) [CLR048]
6. Adam Beyer & Pär Grindvik – Seq 1 Living Wheel [Drumcode]
7. Staffan Linzatti – Morning [Searchlights]
8. Rod – Malmok Two [Klockworks 07]
9. Robert Hood – Alpha (James Ruskin Remix) [M-Plant]
10. Pär Grindvik – Sinister (Pär Grindvik Rework) [Sthlm LTD]
11. Sigha – Sigha EP B1 [Hotflush]
12. Sigha – I Am Apathy, I am Submission [Blueprint]
13. Tim Xavier – Zombie Walk With Me [Limited 400]
14. The Holow – They Won´t Get Me [Sthlm LTD]
The eloquent gentlemen behind the lovely electronic music blog Box Musique have always been kind to us, posting most of our releases and mixes as of late, always with great reviews. This friendship has now deepened even further as we were asked to kick off their new series of original mixes with a fresh set from the studio of Socket Science.
The result is just out there for you to grab. It’s a dynamic mix of minimal and tech house 12″s from 2011, starting of slowly and beautifully with our very own Aloo and then via some fragile glitchy soundscapes from Traum Schallplatten and the likes it gradually ups the tempo. The mesmerizing Nature is The Law by Ryan Davis & Transistor takes it all to another level which is then followed up by some more bass driven action that’ll keep any dance floor ecstatic, before Simian Mobile Disco wraps it up by showing a completely new dark and berghainesque side that’ll leave you stunned.
You really want to hear this, go get it.
Just stumbled over this impeccable little mix from the Omaramusic Netlabels Session on www.techno-lounge-radio.com. Almost two hours of smoothly mixed minimal techno and tech-house curated using music exclusively from the netlabel world. And not only is it a nice listen, it contains two tracks from Socket Science‘s latest EP Ephedra.
01. Thomas Marlow – Cuando me des tu Amor
02. Geom4trix – Disaster Area
03. Bakthot – Straight
04. Socket Science – Ephedra
05. Marshall Watson – Meady
06. DaFace – Herbsthimmel
07. Elektronova – Doppelmord im Fahrradschlauch
08. MarceXL – El Konsumo
09. Quadrakey – Arctic
10. Nhar – Quintessence
11. Socket Science – A Friend of the Family
12. Sone – Exit Strategy
13. Plaubez – Robot Mass
14. Frechbax – Kling Klang
15. DIEEINEN – Bitchshifter
16. Psychosonic – Sparkles (Omara Remix)
if you’re anywhere near Copenhagen next weekend do not hesitate to visit the Distortion festival! The four day event takes place all over town, or actually one part of town is in focus each night, and on the downtown opening party Wednesday June 1st Astor Bell will be represented at Café Blasen where Don Simon AKA Socket Science will play an intense dj set. Also at the Blasen event, but earlier on, you can see the Danish sensation Kasper Bjørke as well as the Icelandic upcomers Kúra play live. Don’t miss.
Our favourite Venezuelan Fenderchet is back with another sweet release, Hearts EP. Fits the spring time here in Stockholm just perfect! Trippy organs, IDM glitch, broken downtempo beats and most of all, those lovely pop melodies.
Read more, listen and download here. For free as always.
Another sign of life from Astor Bell protégé Wunderblock popped up this morning. It’s a collection of four tracks on Hamburg imprint FormResonance named Become Free EP and is available as of today. A quick listen to the snippets reveal that it’s still the same organic minimal techno that they’ve spoilt us with earlier, but also that the first two tracks of this release is somewhat more dance floor oriented whereas the latter two go more towards the dreamy and jazzy moods that made up their Astor Bell classic Act!. All of utmost quality of course.
Grab it as mp3 or wav on the usual outlets for digital tunes, e.g. here, here, here, here, here, here, here or here. Should be out on vinyl too as I’ve understood it.